EUFMC Celebrates 70 Years
This year marks the 70th anniversary of the Electric Utility Fleet Managers Conference, which brings together fleet professionals, manufacturers and suppliers to network, discuss fleet-related challenges and find solutions through various educational and technical events.
Plans for the special anniversary include a drive-through utility equipment demonstration and an equipment show featuring more than 60 displays, activities for attendees and their spouses, and live music.
James Lawrence, also known as the Iron Cowboy, will share his inspiring message as EUFMC’s dinner speaker. Known for the signature cowboy hat he wears while running races, Lawrence is an ultra-endurance athlete who has pushed himself beyond what many doctors previously believed to be physiologically possible. In addition to speaking at the conference dinner, he will lead the annual guided run and guided walk for EUFMC attendees and their spouses through the Colonial Williamsburg historic area.
This year’s conference will also introduce the first Women in Utility Fleet gathering June 6. The event has been coordinated in response to attendee requests for a networking opportunity for female fleet professionals attending EUFMC.
Following the Women in Utility Fleet breakfast will be the first day of EUFMC’s two-day General Session. This year’s education program – Driving Safety, Sustainability & Technical Expertise – focuses on finding solutions to fleet management challenges. Brian L. Wolff, chief strategy officer and executive vice president of public policy and external affairs for Edison Electric Institute, will deliver the keynote address. Topics to be addressed during the General Session include:
- Fleet Safety
- ZEV Design, Acquisition, Planning and Testing
- Fleet Regulatory Update
- Fleet Charger Construction Updates and Mobile Fleet Charger Developments
- Legal Perspectives
- Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions
- PHEV Medium-Duty Vehicles
- Telematics Strategies
- Tire Considerations and Benchmarking
To learn more about EUFMC, including a history of the event since its inception in 1953, visit https://eufmc.com.
- EUFMC Celebrates 70 Years
- Accelerated Development: What’s New in All-Electric Medium- and Heavy-Duty Trucks
- A Roadmap to Autonomous Trucks
- Sizing Up the Electric Pickup Truck
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Spec’ing All-Terrain Utility Vehicles
- Retooling Your Shops for EVs
- New EPA Rules Proposal: How Will You Prepare Your Fleet?
- EUFMC Celebrates 70 Years: Embracing Change and Shaping the Future of Fleet
- Training Users of Aerial Lifts
- Women in Utility Fleet: Julie Gomez